Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1T5zB2qtr
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

thumb. thumb.


Thumbs really are funny little guys, and recently I am sure grateful for them. They really just don't get enough credit in my opinion. At FHE on Monday night I played a sweet game, "wally-ball" (volleyball in a racket-ball court) with my awesome college family. I wouldn't be typical me unless I came out of it with an injury, and boy did I. I thought it was just jammed so I just let it be for the following day. The swelling didn't stop, so my friend laurel took me to the health center to get it checked out and maybe a little brace to support it. A couple x-rays later and...not only did I end up breaking it but I ended up needing to have reconstructive surgery. They wanted to do surgery the next day, but I was coming home that next day and didn't want me to travel after the operation, so for now I am in a brace until the Tuesday after Thanksgiving! I am so grateful it isn't my right thumb, or all of my fingers, or an eye or something. And after all i have taken on some pretty sweet nicknames because of it, such as THE CLAW & Bionic Woman. It has been quite the funny little adventure realizing how much I use my thumbs...So, I challenge you all today to think of all the things you can do because of those beautiful thumbs of yours. From experience, i can tell you the top ten of these things include...call them "Rules of Thumbs" if you will... :]

1. Opening things (water bottles, ranch dip, doors, Ibuprofen bottles, etc.)
2. Tying your shoes.
3. Picking up and Holding objects.
4. Buttoning your pants.
5. Unzipping your backpack.
6. Washing your hair//Shaving
7. Texting...
8.Dancing Properly (it is just heart-breakingly different with the loss of a filangie.)
9. Putting your hair in a pony-tail// doing hair.
10.And most importantly, DOUBLE THUMBS-UP.

I'm just grateful for my little thumbs, and can't wait to have both of them back in action together!

No more double thumbs-up or wicked sweet left hand high-fives for me for a while...dang it.




0 comments: