Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1T5zB2qtr
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Weekend of first & favorites.



 
All that I can say is that crazy brains planned the excitement this weekend and I am PLUM TUCKERED OUT.  I feel great about it though.  My roommate Hollie has been wanting to hike Mount Timpanogos for the past year.  Today was the day that we finally had time to do it.  My only condition was that we would make it back for the HOLY WAR... The BYU vs. UTAH football game. 
 
We left for Timp this morning around 7 this morning.  We expected to be done around three in the afternoon. We rounded up all the troops, made a quick stop at Great Harvest for a slice of bread, and we were off to American Fork Canyon.  We started at the Timpanokie trail head in a camp ground.  I was feeling kind of nervous for the hike at this point.  I didn't know what to expect ... all that I knew was that I was going to have to conquer my fear of heights today. 
 
The climb up to the saddle truly was not a bad or incredibly difficult hike at all.  It was just long and consistent in terms of the incline.  We arrived at the saddle and the view was beautiful.  The wind was roaring up there and I was so nervous to continue up to the summit.  After a little break at the saddle we moved on to the summit.  Part of the time it felt like I was scaling the side of a cliff in the roaring wind. INTENSE. Eventually, we made it to the top.  The only words I have to describe finally being at the top are-- PURE JOY. Seriously.  I was shaking a little bit, but I am totally going to cross off my bucket list item, "Conquer your fear of heights" after today. YUP.
 
The way back down to the saddle went by really quickly.  The rest of our descent to the trail head did not feel as quick.  Although,  singing climb every mountain and pretending to be the Von Trapp Family in the Swiss Alps did help.
 
On our way down, I started having a sneezing attack annnddddddddddddd realized I had a bloody nose. MY FIRST one ever.  I felt pretty cool. Weird, I know.  But it is totally something I would feel cool about.  Another fun fact about our hike: my fingers swelled enough to look like sausage links. I couldn't close my hand into a fist.  For the first time in my life I see what my dad means by "sausage link fingers."  I've got 'em. I was a medical wonder today. Ummmmhmmmmm.
 
PICS BELOW:
 


 
 
 
We attempted to go the football game for a little bit.  It is just my favorite thing ever.  The games also make me miss my family a lot too. This would be the 'favorites' part of my blog.  The stadium tonight was the most packed I am seen it in my four years at BYU. I couldn't believe.  Hols and I ended up sitting at the very top of the visitor's side with two Polynesian women.  I would not have rather sat anywhere else in the stadium.
 

 
Let the adventures begin.....
My roommate just brought me a bowl of my favorite Mint Chip ice cream.
Priorities...
SEE YA!
 

0 comments: