Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1T5zB2qtr
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 12, 2013

how'z Life?!

That title is totally grammatically incorrect.
This girl passed her grammar test this week.
Waddddupppp.
(not grammatically correct)
:]
 
This week went by so fast, but was definitely a good one.  I have two midterms this week that I passed and feel super about. YES.  Next week is my economics test...pray for me real hard about that one. :]
 
My roommate Kara shared a quote with me today that I love.  It reminded me a lot of the words that we heard at General Conference last week.  Can we talk about that for just a second?! AMAZING.  It is a miracle and a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel, that every heart is touched and taught at such a deep level.  General Conference was just what I needed.
 
Here is the great quote that I think we should all remember...
 
"Adversity is like a strong wind. I don't mean that it holds us back from places we might otherwise go. It also tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that afterward we see ourselves as we really are, and not merely as we might like to be."
 
-Memoirs of a Geisha; Arthur Golden.
 
 
I was touched by that quote.  I am greatful for the refinement of trial.  I have to often remind myself that I am here on this earth for the purpose of preparing, not relaxing.  Trail gets us to our bare bones; , to remind us of who we are and who created us.  Christ is always by our side, and we are always in his and the Father's hands. I am greatful for the struggle.  I am greatful for the strength and depth of character, testimony, and love of the Savior that follows. I love Him and the gospel.  It is wonderful.

What does trial mean anyways? I have always assumed it to mean a period of difficulty, but I was wrong.  I looked up the definition and learned so much.

Trial
1a: the action or process of trying or putting to the proof
b. a preliminary contest
2: the formal examination before a competent tribunal of the matter in issue in a civil or criminal cause in order to determine such issue.
3: a test of faith, patience, or stamina through subjection to suffering or temptation
4a: a tryout or experiment to test quality, value, or usefulness
b: one of a number of repetitions of an experiment
5: Attempt

Trial is the attempt. It is the test.

HAPPY WEEKEND!
 
:]
 


0 comments: