Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz1T5zB2qtr
CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Special Weekend.

This time of year everyone starts thinking about what truly makes Christmas meaningful.  I love the focus that all have on the Savior.  This is why there is so much joy and peace brought during the Christmas season; our focus is completely on him. I am so grateful for this knowledge in my life. 

I also have some pretty special people in my life. Two of them being my Grandma & Papa Starley.  It has been a unique and special experience for me to be going to college in Provo where they live.  I have been able to spend a lot of quality time with them and learn from them.  They are always doing things for me and lifting the heads and hearts of those in need. 

I got to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert with them in SLC this weekend.  It was such a treat.  Not only are they awesome, but too much fun to hang out with.  How many people have grandparents that are cooler than them? I do.  And my grandpa is the classiest man alive.  Party on. The concert was amazing and instilled the spirit of Christmas into this little heart of mine.  I really needed that.


This weekend I also got to go out with some of my closest friends that I haven't seen in a while.  We went to dinner and then just happened upon two llamas inside of a diamond store.  Things like that just always seem to happen to us.  These girls have been the biggest blessing in my life.  They made college the unforgettable and at times bearable experience that it has been.  I love them like sisters and will miss them when we all leave for the rest of our lives.  So grateful for the angels Heavenly Father places in our lives and hearts forever.



The last thing I did this weekend involved surprising my grandma.  As I mentioned above, she is always looking after others.  I am not sure of the last time that she did something for herself.  I thought it would be fun to surprise her with one of her favorite things.  For Christmas this year I bought her nutcracker ballet tickets.  My roommate, Hollie, and I planned to surprise her.  It worked so well, as she had no idea where we were taking her.  When she found out, she cried and thanked us over and over.  My grandma was a ballerina.  The nutcracker ballet always warms her heart and helps her to feel the Christmas spirit.  She told us she had been wanting to go and could not even remember the last time she had seen it.  I was so happy.  It just added to the special weekend I had already had. I want to make going to the Nutcracker a tradition for Christmas every year. I love it!

 
Merry Christmas & happy finals week to all :]

0 comments: